1. Be on time - The last thing you want to do is make a bad impression on your date. If you are late they will think that you don't care and worse still might not hang around for you to turn up.
2. Make your partner feel comfortable - We all feel like a bag of nerves on our first date with someone; so by making them feel comfortable you will also be able to relax and enjoy yourself.
3. Be an interesting date - The worse thing you can do is turn up for a date with someone then sit there all night and not talk or worse still, talking and not making sense or having nothing good to talk about.
4. Laugh at their jokes - Even if you have heard the joke 100 times or more (or it just isn't funny at all) laughing along with them will make them feel you are interested in them.
5. Keep the conversation alive - That dreaded silence when no one knows what to say can seem to last for a life time and will make both of you think the other is boring. Jot down a few questions you would like to ask. Practicing for the date can make all the difference and once you have started the rest will just follow. Here are a few conversation starters you could use.
6. Take an interest in them - Listen to them when they are talking. Be interested in what they have to say and show how interested you are by asking them questions about what they like to do etc..
7. Take them somewhere unique - First dates don't just have to be about going to the cinema or to a restaurant for a nice meal. You will make a longer, lasting impression if you are imaginative with your date.
8. Be confident - Confidence says a lot about a person. Being more confident will help you get through that first date with ease.
9. Be yourself - You won't fool anyone by pretending to be someone you are not. Also if you want to continue seeing them, the real you will come out eventually and they may no longer be interested.
10. Most importantly - STAY SAFE. Check out our guide to dating safely